Everyone’s Irish on St. Patrick’s Day!
The Jersey Shore is going green in March to celebrate St. Paddy’s Day! People will celebrate through food, dance and music throughout the shore area.
Did you know?
Here’s a little historic fun fact for you. The true name of “St. Patrick” is Maewyn Succat. He later changed his name to Patrick after becoming a priest.
Fact or Fiction?
You may have heard the story of St. Patrick driving each and every snake out of Ireland. It is actually a myth symbolizing the evil he drove out of the country by bringing Christianity to the Irish people.
How will you celebrate St. Patrick’s Day?
There are so many choices in and around the Jersey Shore!
If you’re looking to break out your green, dance some Irish moves and indulge in some corned beef and cabbage—here are some options to consider this month:
- Belmar St. Patrick’s Day Parade: One of the largest in New Jersey, this year’s parade on Main Street in Belmar begins at 12:30 PM on Sunday, March 6th rain or shine.
- Rumson St. Patrick’s Day Parade: On Sunday, March 6th at 1:00 PM, Rumson will hold its annual parade which includes bands, floats, military groups, Irish Step Dancers, antique cars and more.
- Ocean County St. Patrick’s Day Parade: In Seaside Heights, join the 32nd annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade on Saturday, March 12th at noon. The parade kicks off on The Boulevard. The Irish American festival will take place from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Keyport’s St. Patrick’s Day Parade: On Sunday, March 12th, the parade steps off at 1 p.m. at St. Joseph’s Church on Maple Place and ends at Fireman’s Park.
- Asbury Park St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Starting at 1:00 PM, join Asbury Park in marching from 5th Avenue and Ocean Avenue, down Cookman Avenue, and ending on Main Street on Sunday, March 13th.
- Freehold St. Patrick’s Day Parade: The parade kicks off Sunday, March 13th at noon at Freehold Borough Hall on West Main St. and ends at the Hall of Records.
- Celtic Nights: Spirit of Freedom will tell the story of Irish independence at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank on March 16th at 8:00 PM. The performance will include song, dance, and storytelling that honors the struggle of the Irish to gain their freedom.
- Highlands St. Patrick’s Day Parade: On Saturday, March 19th at 2:00 PM, the Highlands Business Partnership will present the 14th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, including almost 100 marching units featuring Irish dancers, floats and bagpipers. The parade will march down Bay Avenue.
ShoreTV New Jersey wishes everyone the happiest of St. Patrick’s Days.
Be sure to share your parade photos with us on social media @shoretvnj and #shoretvnj or email them to us at email@example.com!